Aquarius New Moon; Self-Care Ritual
Updated: Mar 11
A BRUSHING RITUAL
As many of you know, self-care isn't solely about treating yourself to pedicures or splurging on crystals! Self-care goes much deeper than that- It's about honoring your energy, checking in with yourself, and ultimately caring for your (whole) self, mentally, spiritually, and physically, with loving intentions.
The moon is a constant reminder for us to stay in touch with our inner-selves, to nurture our feminine essence & goddess within. When the new moon occurs, it is the darkest most YIN time of the month- the perfect time to turn inwards for a self-care ritual.
Today (January 24th) we experience the first new moon of the year; a New Moon in Aquarius. Aquarius is a sign that appreciates and embodies intellect and adaptation, humanitarianism and independence.
It's quite a misunderstood sign, and with the current astrological energies, we may find ourselves in our heads- a little bit too much. Aquarius is the fixed air sign, after all, a sign that can be particularly fixated on intellectual concepts...
And so, with this new moon and the current energies buzzing, we believe it to be fitting to get out of your head and INTO your body. Our choice of ritualistic self-care is an invigorating dry brush massage:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
A dry brush (like this)
15 minutes of alone time(optional)
herbs to smudge beforehand
1. As always, start off by smudging your space. crack open a window and burn an energetically clearing herb of your choice, like sage, palo santo, rosemary, lavender, etc.
2. Set an intention, to connect with yourself- get out of your mind and into your body!
3. What music is your inner goddess craving? Put on the perfect playlist for her. (maybe something spunky for these rebellious Aquarius vibes)
4. Start by dry brushing the fronts and backs of your legs, in an upward motion- slow or fast, whatever suits your mood
5. At the stomach, dry brush in a clockwise motion (start at your liver and move in a clockwise circle)
6. At the breasts/ chest, again make circular clockwise motions around each nipple
7. Brush upwards on your back, covering as much surface area as much as you can reach!
8. Brush upwards from your hand to your underarm (don't forget the underarms as there are so many important lymph nodes here!!)
9. & Finish brushing down the sides of the neck
10. Jump in the shower or take a relaxing bath- don't forget to use a moisturizer afterward as your skin will be freshly exfoliated!
Take a moment to reflect and ponder to yourself- how does it feel to be in your body?
We hope you enjoyed this self-care ritual.
Until next time, sending you so much love♥