Libra New Moon; Self-Care Ritual
A SPIRITUAL BATH
As many of you know, self-care isn't solely about treating yourself to the finer things or splurging on crystals! Self-care goes much deeper than that- It's about honoring your energy, checking in with yourself, and ultimately caring for your (whole) self, mentally, spiritually, and physically, with loving intentions.
The moon is a constant reminder for us to stay in touch with our inner-selves, to nurture our feminine essence & goddess within. When the new moon occurs, it is the darkest most YIN time of the month- the perfect time to turn inwards for a self-care ritual.
This Saturday, we will be experiencing a new moon in the airy, intellectual sign of libra; libra is a sign that appreciates and embodies beauty & charm, balance & equality, romance & grace.
As Libra is ruled by Venus, our choice of ritualistic self-care is to surround ourselves with Venusian energy, by having a romantic date with your inner goddess, in a spiritual bath.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
+ smudging herb
+ a bathtub
+ essential oils (of your choice)
+ crystals (of your choice- make sure they aren't water-soluble)
+ fresh flowers; treat yourself by picking up a bouquet of fresh flowers from the market, or if you have some time to spare, take a walk around your neighborhood and gather your own unique bouquet of flowers
1. As always, start off by smudging your space. crack open a window and burn an energetically clearing herb of your choice, like sage, palo santo, rosemary, lavender, etc.
2. set an intention, to connect with your inner goddess- and pamper her
3. what music is your inner goddess craving? set the mood with the perfect playlist for her
3. light a candle, or maybe 5! as you light each candle, remember your intention of pampering and connecting to your inner goddess (maybe dim the lights?)
4. dry brush your body, to not only stimulate lymphatic drainage but to also brush off any energy on your body that isn't yours (don't have a dry brush? view our favorite here)
5. draw a warm bath, and add in the tops of those fresh flowers, while mindfully expressing your gratitude for the beauty of each flower
6. set up your crystals around the bath that you'd like to meditate with, taking a moment to observe each crystals healings vibrations and how it makes you feel
7. add your essential oils of choice, intentionally breathing in the aromatic magic of each bottle.
8. take a moment to graciously appreciate the beauty you just created and surrounded yourself with.
9. soak in the love
ask your inner goddess, what would be most nurturing for her right now? to soak in this peaceful solitude? reflective journaling perhaps? or maybe it's to read a good book? make this ritual your own, and remember that you are worthy of this soulful pampering.
enjoy this sacred time with your inner goddess
Until next time, sending you so much love♥